S1E8: Mastering the Art of the Introduction, Tactical Interview Phrases, The Feedback Sandwich
Written by Miles Shattuck on June 24, 2017
Is the personal introduction a lost art?
One important lesson I learned from my grandmother is to be inclusive of others. Over the years, I’ve noticed an opportunity for us to be more inclusive of other people. How? By introducing them to each other.
In episode #8 I point you to a favorite short film of mine that flips the script on our relationship with nature. I offer three clutch in-the-moment phrases to improve your interview skills, tell you why and how to master personal introductions, and review an article by Adam Grant that gives a healthy alternative to the “feedback sandwich”.
- Elegy short film
- Massage, wellness, and yoga at Elkrock Wellness
- Interview phrases
- Five reasons to master personal introductions
- The feedback sandwich is off the menu
- Back to the 90s by Ben Giroux
- Las de la Intuición by Shakira
- Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson
- For Nancy (Cos It Already Is) by Pete Yorn
- Knock Me Down by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Kiss Them For Me by Siouxsie and the Banshees
- Stop Serving the Feedback Sandwich
- How to Make Introductions Like a Gentleman
- How to Introduce People
- 5 Ways Social Connection Makes You Healthier
- 7 Benefits of Connecting People
- Know Your Strength for More Success: Are You a Connector, a Maven, or a Salesman?
Recorded at KPSU Portland’s College Radio on May 25, 2017.