Mix: 10 Songs By Portland Artists To Wait In Line To At Salt & Straw [Day 4]
Written by Lanny Lieu on May 4, 2016
For Day 4 of KPSU’s 30 Day Local Music Challenge, we’ve decided to give your eyes a little break from reading and curated a mix that you may find helpful on a blazing, hot summer day when you’re waiting in line for that scoop of Pear & Blue Cheese at Portland’s own Salt & Straw.
Our playlist begins with infectious indie pop anthems like “Preacher” from Dana Buoy and “Sun Shy” from the lovable Portland duo, Dresses, but over the course of a few minutes, we transition into a full blown dance party with local neon ravers, Con Bro Chill… and a house cover of “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” from Chromatics.
- Dana Buoy – Preacher
- Dresses – Sun Shy
- My Brothers And I – Granted
- Priory – Weekend
- Con Bro Chill – We Came to Party
- Chromatics – Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Wild Ones – Show Me Islands
- Hustle and Drone – The Glow
- YACHT – Second Summer (RAC remix)
- Pink Feathers – The Feeling’s Gone (ft. Speak)